Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Poop on Sim City

Yeah yeah I'm a masochist, but I keep thinking at some point EA & Maxis will actually deliver a working game even if it's months after I bought it.

But not yet.


Backed up pipes you say? Ok I'll bite.

  • Hmm says I have excess capacity, it's in the green not even yellow...
  • Hmmmm no waste being collected from another city...
  • Hmmmmmmmm the roads don't look like there's enough volume that it's a rate of flow issue...

So what's the deal?

I try the forums and any guide I can find.  The consensus answer is just plop another outflow pipe, don't worry about why.

Seriously?

I realize that is a fairly obvious solution, and yes I assume this will get Mr. Poop to go away.  But that's not my point, it's the principal of the thing!  If there are no indicators to suggest that there is a real problem with the city, (except for the incessant nattering of Hard Hat Harry) this isn't much of a simulation or even a city management game.

After my third meteor strike in 2 years in one town and then two alien invasions within about six months in another, even the random events don't seem all that random.

The game in it's current form is a collection of events you react to with a specific canned response.  Oh fun.

I've loved you Sim City for too long to give up without a fight.  Remember what we once were, we can have that again if only you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment