Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

RCI in SimCity Patch 6 Industrial Revolution!

Well now that Industry matters, boy does it ever matter....

Started a new town and had to build A LOT of industry to make my commercial happy, and even then I have a huge amount of unemployed.  I am not looking forward to seeing what this "tweak" does to my existing cities!


Doesn't look like the traditional 2:1:1 balance will work anymore, but we shall see...

Now if you have a freight warehouse in the trade depot it actually creates additional demand for freight.  I can't tell yet whether this demand causes unhappiness in the case of demand out pacing supply yet.  I would hope the commercial buildings would get priority.  Unfortunately you can't turn off individual add-on lots like you can with some buildings.  You have to bulldoze them in order to remove the demand from the report.

The workers/residential ratio is still a mess...
  • 8k residents 
    • -1.5k workers
    • -700 shoppers
    • -700 students
    • = 5k useless people wandering the streets and 900 unfilled jobs?
  • CI demand balance seems odd
    • Commercial
      • 700 shoppers
      • 370 total goods available
      • 330 unsatisfied
    • Industrial
      • 780 freight available
      • 1000 frieght orders
      • 220 unsatisfied
  • Can't add commercial or industrial to meet need, already more jobs open than I can fill
  • Adding residential adds to my shopping demand!
I do seem to be able to generate money a lot quicker early in the game (or perhaps I am getting less expenses).

No comments:

Post a Comment