Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

So Maxis decides to break every city you've built so far - Update 6.0

SimCity update 6.0 coming soon

There's nothing like a force-fed complete overhaul to strategy midstream in an always-online game.

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/making-i...dustry-matter-rci-improvements 

Don't get me wrong, they are fixing a real problem, Industry has been essentially irrelevant except as a quick job supply early in a city's life cycle.  But due to the *fudged population* and the increasing disproportion of workers to residential population as a city grows this becomes less and less desirable.  

Unfortunately as with every fix you'll have to rework your whole city (maybe even region) just to be functional with the new parameters. Given these small-ass map sizes, I sense a lot of abandoned regions on the way as it's just easier to start over.  I would have found this more palatable 1 month after launch, this is getting less and less fun the longer the issues go on.
  • Buses/service vehicles driving in circles in the completely opposite direction of where they are needed.
    • Still watching trains of service vehicles following each other as well
  • Multi-city play still isn't consistent.  I have a feeder city cranking out more than 150 excess MW of power and yet my other city can't buy more than 30, and even that keeps saying it has "stopped sending" periodically.  
  • My service vehicles like fire and garbage still disappear and never come back until I bulldoze and re-plop.
    • 4 fire stations and 2 neighbors sending 4 trucks still cannot serve a 10k population city, really?
  • I still get completely random issue messages.  
    • Houses being abandoned because there is no work with many unfilled jobs in all categories.
    • Houses abanoned for lack of shops/parks while adjacent to both.
    • Industry closing for lack of freight demand even though demand is double production.
  • I don't think rain is really replenishing the water table correctly yet.  
I can't help but point out to you EA and Maxis, had you had a REAL beta I would have been please as punch to work through these (and worse) with you in that venue.  Not very happy that you decided to do it on my dime.

Oh well... it is still pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment