Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Whiney

Now that I have had half-an-hour to digest the news of Peter Capaldi as the next Doctor I have a few gripes.

  1. I never been a fan of recycling actors who played a significant part earlier in the show.  Someone looking familiar is often relevant.  (Yes, you Martha..., identical cousins were ridiculous in the Patty Duke Show too)
  2. We are already in the midst of a story line where Clara's re-occurrence and existence over time has been remarkable and just been explained by her jumping into the time stream.
  3. Capaldi is an alumnus of both Doctor Who and Torchwood.
  4. Not only did "The Fires of Pompeii" spawn our new Doctor but also Amy Pond.  This is just too much of a coincidence.
  5. Not to mention the silliness of Peter Capaldi playing a W.H.O. Doctor in World War Z.  (I'm willing to let this one go since I choose to believe that this movie doesn't exist).
Are we going to have a reunion of  David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Karen Gillan, Matt Smith and now Peter Capaldi to explain all this?  I hope not, or sad to say we may have regenerated the shark...

No comments:

Post a Comment